Class of 2019, it is time for your senior pictures! Leonard’s will be on campus June 7 to take your senior photos. Each of you will receive an appointment card in the mail about a week before the photo date. If you do not receive it, please call 888-224-5045 to make an appointment and pay your $15 seat fee. You must have your photo taken with Leonard’s in order to be in the yearbook. Gentlemen, be sure to bring a light colored undershirt; ladies, bring a spaghetti strap-like shirt that you can slide off of your shoulders. Bring multiple outfits if you choose to upgrade your sessions. We look forward to seeing you there! Congratulations to all of you!
A Special Message from Mr. Hill
Medical Academy News
Please congratulate the following students for successfully passing their Certified Medical Administrative Assistant or Home Health Aide exam:
Tania De Jesus
Dual Enrollment graduate
AHS ROTC Wins Achievement Award
Auburndale H.S. NJROTC was recently awarded the “Unit Achievement Award” for the 2017-18 school year. Our outstanding cadet staff including, Commanding Officer Abygayle Rausch (future Naval Officer), Executive Officer James Kiddy (future Marine), Operations Officer Hailey Auterson (studying aeronautics at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University) and Administrative Officer Corey Miller (future Coast Guardsman), deserve a great deal of credit for their hard work throughout the 2017-18 school year.
Here is the short list of their accomplishments:
- One third of the unit, 53 cadets, on the honor roll.
- Over 900 hours of community service, including the school’s recycling program.
- Visits to the aircraft carrier Yorktown in Charleston, the Navy SEAL Museum and the Lakeland Air Show.
- College ROTC visits – USF Tampa and FSC Lakeland.
- Participation in three drill meets.
- Participation in four orienteering meets.
- Participation in six academic meets (“brain brawls”), took 1st place for one academic meet.
- Hosted and participated in the Polk County Cadet Challenge athletic meet.
- Participated in eleven rifle matches (Division Champion, Polk County Western Division, and 5th place NJROTC unit in Florida).
- Hosted and participated in the State VFW Rifle Match.
- 42% of cadets passed the Physical Fitness Test (1 mile run, push-ups and sit-ups).
- One cadet, Abygayle Rausch, was nominated and appointed to the U.S. Naval Academy for the fall of 2018.
- Presented the colors for 21 events requiring a color guard.
Congratulations to the cadets of Auburndale High School for their outstanding accomplishments!
AHS Students Design New Logo
Congratulations goes out to AHS students Ross Persichetti, Caitlynn McCahill, Conner Grove, and Jaedyn Smith, as well as teacher Ms. Emily Kauwell! They were the winning team responsible for designing the new logo for Polk County Public Schools. The team members each received $600 from the Polk Education Foundation. They also will split proceeds from online sales of School District shirts and other merchandise sporting the new design. The sale runs through May 8. Purchases may be made at www.imagedepotexpress.com/pcps.
Click here for the Ledger article about our students.
Wind Ensemble Wins Award
The Auburndale High School Wind Ensemble has made history by earning the Otto J. Kraushaar award on Thursday, April 26th, 2018. This award is given to high school programs who earn Straight Superior ratings at Marching Music Performance Assessment, District Music Performance Assessment and State Music Performance Assessment. This is the top award a band can be given, and the first time Auburndale High School has earned this award since 2000. The band consists of 38 musicians and is under the direction of Ms. Hannah Haugen. They performed Under the Double Eagle by Wagner, A Blessed Hymn by Kahelin, and Songs of Old Kentucky by Karrick.