Please join us in congratulating the 2016-17 NJROTC cadet staff and the entire NJROTC unit on achieving the “Unit Achievement Award”! This year’s cadet staff including the Cadet Commanding Officer Jerry Rosado, Cadet Executive Officer Joshua Coletti, Operations Officer Thomas Westphalen, Administrative Officer Kyarra Brown and Supply Officer Cayci Favro were the driving force behind making this achievement a reality. Here are some highlights of the NJROTC units’ very successful 2016-17 school year:
· 1421 hours of community service including 408 hours in support of Auburndale H.S. events. (Community Service Officer: Nicole Chisholm).
· Competing at 3 drill meets.
· Competing at 3 athletic meets.
· Competing at 3 academic meets by mail and 2 Academic Tournaments in person.
· Competing at 12 rifle matches and taking 2nd place at the County Rifle Championships.
· Competing at 3 orienteering meets.
· Hosting and running the Polk County JROTC Cadet Challenge athletic meet.
· Hosting and running the State VFW Rifle match for 25 teams throughout Florida.
· Hosting and running the Tri-Service Athletic Meet.
· Hosting and running the Polk County JROTC Rifle program.
· 44% of Auburndale’s cadets passed the Physical Fitness Test.
· 79% of Auburndale’s cadets participated on at least one team or event.
· 13 cadets held student body leadership positions at AHS.
· 34 cadets held 3.5 GPAs or higher and 64 cadets held a B average or higher.
· Successful completing 3 days of training at the Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, SC.
· 3 University visits at USF, FSC and Jacksonville University.
· Marching in 3 parades.
· Performing numerous Color Guard events including football games, Armed Forces Day at Tigertown stadium in Lakeland, veteran’s groups events and Lake Alfred and Auburndale city government ceremonies.
· Multiple video spots on HDTV to promote the NJROTC program and a unit website to inform cadets, parents and future cadets.
· An outstanding performance at the NJROTC Annual Inspection.
We are very proud of all our cadets this year!