Seniors! Leonard’s will be on campus for the last summer date, July 24, to take your senior photos. Please be sure to confirm your appointment using the access code you received in the mail. If you have not received one, be sure to call 888-224-5045 to schedule your appointment. You must have your photos taken with Leonard’s in order to be in the 2020 yearbook. Don’t miss out!
Summer Testing Info
Congratulations to 2019 graduate Ryan Yates, who will be awarded his American FFA Degree this year in Indianapolis Indiana in October at the National FFA Convention. Congratulations to Ryan! It is a very honored award – it is the highest degree an FFA member can earn and only 2% of all members go on to earn it.
2019 AHS Graduation
Class of 2020, it is time for your senior pictures! Leonard’s will be on campus June 6th to take your senior photos. Each of you will receive an appointment card in the mail about a week before the photo date. If you do not receive it, please call 888-224-5045 to make an appointment and pay your $15 seat fee. You must have your photo taken with Leonard’s in order to be in the yearbook. Gentlemen, be sure to bring a light colored undershirt; ladies, bring a spaghetti strap like shirt that you can slide off of your shoulders. Also bring multiple outfits if you choose to upgrade your sessions. We look forward to seeing you there! Congratulations to all of you!
Our NJROTC was recently awarded the “Unit Achievement Award” for the 2018-19 school year. All of the cadets and especially our outstanding cadet staff including Commanding Officer Victor Pagan-Cordova (future Army Officer with a 3 year scholarship to FSC), Executive Officer Mariely Sanchez (future Army Officer with a 3- year scholarship to FSC), Operations Officer Joilee Colvin (attending Travis Tech to be a dental assistant), Administrative Officer Colton Pratt (future Air Force airman), Community Service Officer Maria Chavez (Commanding Officer for the 19-120 school year) and Blake Cayson (Drill Team Commander and Executive Officer for the 19-20 school year) deserve a lot of credit for their hard work throughout the 2018-19 school year.
Here is the short list of our accomplishments:
- Over one third of the unit, 51 cadets, on the honor roll.
- 1,139 hours of community service, including the school’s recycling program.
- Field trip to Kings Bay Naval Base in Georgia (submarine base).
- College ROTC visits – Embry Riddle and FSC Lakeland.
- Participation in two drill meets.
- Participation in three orienteering meets.
- Participation in five academic meets (“brain brawls”).
- Hosted and participated in the Polk County Cadet Challenge athletic meet.
- Participated in eleven rifle matches (Division Champion — Polk County Western Division, 3rdplace Polk County, and 6th place NJROTC unit in Florida).
- Hosted and took 3rd place in the State VFW Rifle Match.
- 39% of cadets passed the Physical Fitness Test (1 mile run, push-ups and sit-ups).
- Two cadets, graduating seniors Victor Pagan and Mariely Sanchez, received 3-year Army ROTC scholarships to attend Florida Southern College in the fall of 2019.
- Eight cadets served in Student Body Leadership positions.
- Presented the colors for 18 events requiring a color guard.
Congratulations to our Hounds!
Please join me in congratulating the cadets of Auburndale High School for their outstanding accomplishments!
Congratulations to NJROTC cadet Victor Pagan Cordova on receiving a three-year Army ROTC scholarship to Florida Southern College worth approximately $120,000! He now has joined Mariely Sanchez who also received a three year scholarship to Florida Southern and Jared Foster (a previous NJROTC cadet) who graduated from Auburndale in 2017 and will be finishing his Bachelor’s degree at Florida Southern. Go Hounds!
Even more exciting news to share, as another one of the AHS Digital Cinema Production short films (produced by AHS film student Matthew Petroff) has been selected for Screening and Competition at the 2019 Gasparilla International Film Festival – High School Competition in March 2019 in Ybor City! Please congratulate Matt on his accomplishment and wish us luck in the competition! The film will be screened at the AMC Muvico Theatres in Ybor City right before Spring Break. Go Hounds!