Exciting news from our HDTV and Digital Cinema Production programs! Three AHS student short films have been selected for Screening And Competition at this year’s Sunscreen Film Festival in St. Petersburg! The 3 films, Reset, Voodoo, and Social Mind will screen at the AMC Theatres Sundial in St. Petersburg during the final weekend of April. It’s AHS’ first year at Sunscreen, and Mr. Oxford is very proud of his awesome students. Go Hounds!
AHS A-Team finishes the season strong
Congratulations to AHS’ A-Team on their great season!
2019 Polk County Youth Fair results
Congratulations to our own Auburndale High School FFA and the accolades they earned at the 2019 Polk County Youth Fair:
- Horticulture Judging team of Philip Shaske, Tyler Brannan, Bailey Swanson and Taylor Buchanan
- 1st place and Philip Shaske was the overall high point winner (he identified all the plants, citrus and vegetable correctly for a perfect score of 200)
- Rabbit Judging team – 4th pace
- April Diaz was the 2nd highest overall high point winner
- Hannah Reteneller – Holland Lop Rabbit – Breed champion tri-color award. 3rd Place Senior Showmanship
- Allison Jackson – Hog – 4th place in its weight class
- Philip Shaske – Black Cochin male chicken – Champion male Bantam, Overall Grand champion of the poultry show. 2nd place in senior showmanship.
- Breanna Thornton – Grand Champion for her Braford Heifer
- Taylor Buchanan – 2nd place in class for her Oberhasli goat, Bambi
Senior Tributes – Yearbook
Attention all Seniors & their families: the yearbook staff would like to make sure that you do not miss your final opportunity to recognize your graduating senior! AHS Yearbook has extended the deadline for Senior Tributes to March 1st, 2019. Senior Tributes can be purchased and designed online at https://www.balfour.com/shop/yearbook?smi=16394 or yearbook staff members can design tributes if you contact Mrs. Cobb at email@example.com or 863.965.6200 ext 261. Click here for the order form.Senior Ad Flyer2019
AHS Class of 1984 Reunion Info
The Auburndale High School Class of 1984 reunion will be held on Saturday, June 15th from 5:30-11pm. Cost is $35 per person if paid by April 1, or $40 after that. Tickets must be purchased by May 31.
Tickets can be purchased by mailing a check to:
132 Sunshine Hill Ln.
Auburndale, FL 33823
Please contact Rhonda Harris at (863) 559-2403 or Jerri Snyder at (863) 412-1942 for details.
8th Grade Parent Night
Remember your ID, Hounds!
Per district policy all students are required to wear their ID visibly around their neck or chest area. This is a safety measure so that we can identify our Hounds. Additionally, effective January 7, students will be required to present their ID when purchasing lunch to verify that students are using their own lunch accounts. Remember, students can obtain a new ID in the front office. No Hound will go without lunch!